Let’s go to the Phone and Voicemail page from your Settings menu to set up conditional call forwarding for Messenger [ai].
First, we’ll record a voicemail greeting for Messenger [ai] to playback to clients when your staff is unavailable to come to the phone. Then, this article will provide advice on how to set up call forwarding.
The My Voicemail Message section is the spot to either upload a pre-recorded message or record the message on the spot for your voicemail box.
- To get there, log into https://messenger.mindbodyonline.com/login, and click on the gear icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Click the Settings gear on the left side to open general settings, then click on My Business. This is where your Messenger [ai] number and your voicemail message is located.
- Scroll down to the My Voicemail Message section and either record or upload a new voicemail message. When you’ve added a voicemail greeting, click ‘Save’ at the top of the screen to keep your changes.
The My Messenger [ai] Number is the textable number we’ve assigned to your Messenger [ai] account. Clients can text this number to interact with your business. This is also the number that Messenger [ai] will send text messages from. Messenger [ai] isn't a replacement for your existing phone line; rather, it works together with your existing phone line to make sure missed calls are properly routed into the software.
- To set this up, you'll need to call your phone provider and ask them to enable call forwarding for your number.
- When you call your phone service provider, ask them to enable conditional call forwarding, busy, and no answer.
- Additionally, please ask them to forward the calls to the number shown in the blue-grey box, located under the 'Device testing number' section of the screen.
When a client calls the business and you're unable to answer, Messenger [ai] will ‘pick up’ for you and play the voicemail. This is the message that they will hear.
At the same time, a missed call text is sent to the client's phone (this happens even if the client hangs up!) with information on booking through text. Your client can respond to the text message to book their appointment (or start a conversation with your business).
You can view this conversation in real time, later, on the My Messages screen in your Messenger [ai] account. If the client chose to leave a voicemail, you can listen to it while viewing either the client's chat history or directly from the My Voicemail screen.